Who Is This Program For?
For prenatal and postnatal women and young mothers. Up to six months of age.
What Services Are Provided?
- A free program that will help meet your pregnancy and after delivery needs
- Relaxed and friendly place to ask questions
- Weekly drop-in group with lunch, topics, information, cooking and fun activities
- Information, support, and counselling
- Prenatal education
- Breast-feeding support
- Free milk, juice, food and vitamins
- Videos, books, and resources
- Transportation support- bus tickets
- After delivery support for six months
What Are the Program Goals?
- A healthy baby
- A healthy mother
Who Provides the Services?
- A Program Coordinator
- Pregnancy Outreach Workers
- A Registered Dietician/Nutritionist
We Will Help You:
- Learn all about pregnancy
- Plan healthy food choices
- Learn about nutrition
- Cut-back /or stop smoking
- Reduce/ stop using alcohol and drugs
- Prepare for birth of your baby
- Prepare to breastfeed your baby
- Learn about your new baby’s growth and development
- Adjust to parenthood and life with a newborn
- Find out about other community, cultural, and health resources
The Program Coordinator.
The Baby's Best Chance program is located at:
10142 - 101st Avenue,
Fort St. John, BC
This program has been made possible by financial contribution from Public Health Agency of Canada, in agreement with the Province of British Columbia. The views expressed herein are solely those of the authors, and do not necessarily represent the official policy of Health Canada.