Who Is This Program For?
This program provides support and rent supplements to people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
What Services Are Provided?
- Case planning: goal setting, action planning, and support to find housing
- Referrals to other services
- Advocacy and accompaniment to meetings
- Mediation with landlords
- Tenancy support and skills training
Clients who are working towards either entering or keeping an unsubsidized rental situation may be eligible for a rental supplement provided they meet eligibility criteria.
Who Can Access the Program?
- Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness
- Leaving the Corrections system
- Leaving the Hospital system
- A woman who has experienced or at risk of violence
- A Youth, including those leaving the care system
- Of Aboriginal descent
The Homeless Prevention Worker.
The Homeless Prevention Program is located at:
10142 - 101st Avenue,
Fort St. John, BC
This program has been made possible through assistance from BC Housing.