Who Is This Program For?
We are dedicated to providing support for foster parents in northeastern British Columbia. We are here to listen, help answer questions, and find appropriate community agency supports. We are committed to providing relevant and meaningful ongoing training opportunities for foster parents and facilitating local peer support networks. We wish to promote the incredible rewards of being a foster parent and enlist new families into the fostering community.
What Services Are Provided?
Support and training is provided to caregivers of children and youth-in-care in the Peace Liard Region, servicing Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd and Fort Nelson.
- Peer support groups: Provide opportunities for foster parents to network, exchange knowledge and provide mutual peer support
- Region-wide Communication: A quarterly newsletter highlighting local foster parent events and trainings, and information on how to access additional supports
- Protocol Support: Support and information for foster parents involved in the protocol process
- On-going Training: Provide opportunities for foster parents to access training to enhance their knowledge and skill development
- Recruitment: Enlisting new foster parents into the fostering community
For further information about becoming a foster parent, or to access support services for those who are already fostering please contact the Regional Coordinator.
The Foster Parent Recruitment, Retention & Support Program is located at:
10142 - 101st Avenue,
Fort St. John, BC
This program has been made possible through assistance from the British Columbia Ministry of Children and Family Development.