Who Is This Program For?
This program is for parents/caregivers and their children who have become involved with MCFD child protective services due to the unhealthy or controlling behaviours they are using or experiencing in their family relationships.
What Services Are Provided?
- Individual counselling for parents/caregivers using unhealthy or controlling behaviours in family relationships
- Individual counselling for parents/caregivers experiencing unhealthy or controlling behaviours in family relationships
- Group counselling for men & women using unhealthy or controlling behaviors in family relationships
- Group counselling for men & women experiencing unhealthy or controlling behaviours in family relationships
- Individual and group counselling for children affected by witnessing or experiencing unhealthy family interactions
- Risk assessment and safety planning
What Are the Program Goals?
The program’s intent is for family members to understand the consequences of the use of unhealthy behaviours and to learn healthy communication and conflict resolution skills.
Who Provides the Services?
- A Domestic Peace Counsellor
Who Can Access the Services?
- Families who have been referred by or who are required by an MCFD Social Worker to attend
- Parents/caregivers who have not yet been convicted of charges related to domestic violence
Contact the Domestic Peace Counsellor for the Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge areas and First Nations communities in those areas.
The Domestic Peace Program is located at:
The Professional Building
101, 1200 - 103rd Avenue
Dawson Creek, BC
This program has been made possible through assistance from the British Columbia Ministry of Children and Family Development.